This is from the City Times!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg long-grain basmati rice
- 1 kg beef, clean and cut into average sized pieces and boiled with turmeric powder,black pepper and salt to tas
- 1 kg onion, sliced
- 1 kg tomato, washed,peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup ghee
- 2 maggi chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 50 g cashews
- 50 g pistachios
- 50 g fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 8 -12 green cardamoms
- 4 bay leaves
- 15 whole black peppercorns
- 30 g mint leaves
- 1Heat oil in a wok.
- 2Fry the boiled beef in the hot oil until it turns brown on either side.
- 3Remove the fried beef and allow the excess oil to drain on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- 4Add all the onions to the hot oil, except for 2 sliced onions, and stir-fry briefly (about 7-10 minutes).
- 5Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, corriander powder, cardamoms, bay leaves and half the black peppercorns.
- 6Mix well until it forms a dry paste.
- 7Stir in the chicken stock.
- 8Add tomato slices and cook until the water in the tomato dries up and oil floats on the top.
- 9Put the fried beef lightly crushed by hand into it.
- 10Mix in the salt as per your taste.
- 11Allow it to cook on low flame until cooked.
- 12While it is cooking, heat oil in a skillet.
- 13Fry the remaining onions in it until they turn light brown.
- 14Remove from heat.
- 15Add the remaining peppercorns, bay leaves and green cardamoms to the same oil.
- 16Then, toss in the cashewnuts and pistachios and fry until lightly golden brown and aromatic.
- 17Add the drained rice to the oil and mix well.
- 18Add 5 glasses of water and a pinch of salt.
- 19When the rice comes to a boil, reduce flame and keep it covered.
- 20As the water gets absorbed by the rice, remove half of it and put the prepared beef curry on top.
- 21Garnish with mint leaves, corriander leaves, cashewnuts, fried onions and pistachios.
- 22Spread the remaining rice on top of this and give one more layer of garnish.
- 23Keep it on low flame, covered, for 10 minutes, and let it cook.
- 24All the flavours will blend most beautifully!
- 25Serve this awesome complete meal hot!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Too Good Beef Biryani
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1929.1
- Calories from Fat 1367
- Total Fat 151.9 g
- Saturated Fat 58.3 g
- Cholesterol 190.7 mg
- Sodium 352.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: