Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is from the City Times!
Make and share this Too Good Beef Biryani recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg long-grain basmati rice
- 1 kg beef, clean and cut into average sized pieces and boiled with turmeric powder,black pepper and salt to tas
- 1 kg onion, sliced
- 1 kg tomatoes, washed,peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup ghee
- 2 maggi chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 50 g cashews
- 50 g pistachios
- 50 g fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 8 -12 green cardamoms
- 4 bay leaves
- 15 whole black peppercorns
- 30 g mint leaves
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Fry the boiled beef in the hot oil until it turns brown on either side.
- Remove the fried beef and allow the excess oil to drain on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- Add all the onions to the hot oil, except for 2 sliced onions, and stir-fry briefly (about 7-10 minutes).
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, corriander powder, cardamoms, bay leaves and half the black peppercorns.
- Mix well until it forms a dry paste.
- Stir in the chicken stock.
- Add tomato slices and cook until the water in the tomato dries up and oil floats on the top.
- Put the fried beef lightly crushed by hand into it.
- Mix in the salt as per your taste.
- Allow it to cook on low flame until cooked.
- While it is cooking, heat oil in a skillet.
- Fry the remaining onions in it until they turn light brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the remaining peppercorns, bay leaves and green cardamoms to the same oil.
- Then, toss in the cashewnuts and pistachios and fry until lightly golden brown and aromatic.
- Add the drained rice to the oil and mix well.
- Add 5 glasses of water and a pinch of salt.
- When the rice comes to a boil, reduce flame and keep it covered.
- As the water gets absorbed by the rice, remove half of it and put the prepared beef curry on top.
- Garnish with mint leaves, corriander leaves, cashewnuts, fried onions and pistachios.
- Spread the remaining rice on top of this and give one more layer of garnish.
- Keep it on low flame, covered, for 10 minutes, and let it cook.
- All the flavours will blend most beautifully!
- Serve this awesome complete meal hot!
UNBELIEVABLY Good!!!! I use chicken instead of beef and it is fantastic!!! Thank you Charishma!
The only thing I did differently was to put my rice and water into a crockpot, then dump everything I did in steps 1-16 on top of it and set it on low for several hours. It was delicious. Thanks for posting, Char.
Thanks for an excellent recipe Charishma! It was simple. The only thing I did differently was to leave out the chicken bouillon cubes. Although it was good with the beef, I plan to make it with mutton or chicken the next time I make this.