Here is a dish I am famous for both with my friends in Japan and Canada. It was given to me by an aunt in Japan and I wanted to share her recipe with the rest of the world..lol.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite sized pieces)
For the marinade
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 30 g gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the Coating
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 slices lemons, to garnish
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the mixture and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Mix the corn flour with the plain flour.
- Take each piece of chicken from the marinade and roll in the flour mixture until it is coated completely.
- Heat the oil to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) and deep-fry the chicken pieces for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve on a bed of salad garnished with a lemon.