1/2 Photos of Tori No Kara-age (deep Fried Chicken Nuggets)
Here is a dish I am famous for both with my friends in Japan and Canada. It was given to me by an aunt in Japan and I wanted to share her recipe with the rest of the world..lol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite sized pieces)
For the marinade
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 30 g gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the Coating
- 1In a medium sized bowl, mix together the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
- 2Place the chicken in the mixture and let sit for 30 minutes.
- 3Mix the corn flour with the plain flour.
- 4Take each piece of chicken from the marinade and roll in the flour mixture until it is coated completely.
- 5Heat the oil to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) and deep-fry the chicken pieces for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Serve on a bed of salad garnished with a lemon.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tori No Kara-age (deep Fried Chicken Nuggets)
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.9
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 824.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 14.8 g