Grand Prize Winner; found in Southern Living, September 1998. Have not allowed for chilling time of 1 hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle peppercorn ranch dressing, divided
- 1 -2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- 3/4-1 cup mild chunky salsa
- 3/4-1 cup chpd fresh cilantro
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1Cook tortellini according to pkg directions; drain and cool.
- 2Whisk together 2 cups dressing, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and eggs in a large bowl until blended.
- 3Add tortellini, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 4Drain & dredge in breadcrumbs; place on baking sheet.
- 5Chill at least 1 hour.
- 6Stir together remaining dressing, salsa and cilantro; chill.
- 7Pour oil into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°F.
- 8Fry tortellini, in batches, until golden brown.
- 9Drain on paper towels.
- 10Serve with dip; garnish, if desired.
- 11NOTE: To make ahead, fry tortellini according to directions; drain and place on baking sheet. Keep warm in 200F oven for 2 hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini Tapas With Spicy Ranch Dip
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 816.4
- Calories from Fat 556
- Total Fat 61.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.6 mg
- Sodium 581.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
peppercorn ranch dressing