Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Typical Puerto Rican side dish. Goes great with any meat or poultry. You can try different dipping sauces.
- In a skillet heat 1/2 cup of oil.
- Peel skin off plantain by making a surface cut lengthwise and peeling to the sides (plantains can be tricky to peel).
- Cut the plaintain in diagonal wheels about 1/2 inch thick.
- Make sure oil is sizzling, fry plantains turning once for about 5 minutes (2-1/2 minutes each side).
- Remove plaintains from oil.
- Pat dry plantains, flatten each wheel (use a piece of wax paper folded for thickness) and sprinkle with Adobo or salt.
- Refry plantains until golden and crispy.
- For the"Mojo" combine ketchup and mayonnaise together in a small dish.
- Serve plantains hot.
- Makes a great side dish.