Myra Roldan's Note:
Typical Puerto Rican side dish. Goes great with any meat or poultry. You can try different dipping sauces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet heat 1/2 cup of oil.
- 2Peel skin off plantain by making a surface cut lengthwise and peeling to the sides (plantains can be tricky to peel).
- 3Cut the plaintain in diagonal wheels about 1/2 inch thick.
- 4Make sure oil is sizzling, fry plantains turning once for about 5 minutes (2-1/2 minutes each side).
- 5Remove plaintains from oil.
- 6Pat dry plantains, flatten each wheel (use a piece of wax paper folded for thickness) and sprinkle with Adobo or salt.
- 7Refry plantains until golden and crispy.
- 8For the"Mojo" combine ketchup and mayonnaise together in a small dish.
- 9Serve plantains hot.
- 10Makes a great side dish.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tostones con Mojo (Fried Plantains w/ dipping sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.7
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 273.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: