Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is the one used at Trader Vic's in San Francisco, Ca.
Make and share this Trader Vic's Crab Rangoon recipe from Food.com.
- Combine crabmeat with cream cheese, steak sauce and garlic powder in medium bowl and blend to a paste.
- Place heaping teaspoon on each won ton. Gather four corners of won ton together at top. Moisten edges with egg yolk and pinch or twist together gently to seal.
- Heat oil in wok, deep fryer or electric skillet to 375 degrees.
- Add won tons in batches and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with Chinese mustard and/or red sauce for dipping.
Totally yummy!!One of my family's favorite.This is much better than what you get in restaurants.Plenty of crab with really good flavor.We eat them with sweet and sour sauce.
I have been making these for 40 years, they are devine...the cooking oil temp. needs to be just right. If the oil is too hot it is worse than not hot enough.