Froma cook book "Marie Claire" I've been loaned. I haven't made these yet.
Make and share this Tuna Spring Rolls With Lime/soy Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the tuna into pieces 3/4 inch square, and 4 inces long.
- Spread each stick of tuna lightly with the wasabi paste, then roll lightly in the fresh herbs.
- Wrap each of these in a spring roll wrapper, moistening the edges with a littlewater to seal.
- Deep fry the spring rolls 2 or 3 at a time for 30-45 seconds-or until lightly golden-they will still be quite rare when you eat them.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Combine the lime juice and soy, and serve alongside the tuna in small dipping bowls.
Made this for Unrated Asian Recipe Tag Game - my first approach to home made spring rolls! And did they turn out great - I made four small rolls only for myself for dinner, but I could have eaten eight of them!! They are so easy to make and so incerdibly tasty - just WOW! Made them with rice paper, because I didn't know how else to get gluten free wrappers, and as I used my last crop of parsley for chimichurri, and fresh coriander leaves are nearly not available here, I used burnet, dried coriander leaves and some fresh thai basilicum leaves. I don't think this affected the original taste much, because the wasabi is a little stronger than the herbs anyway :D Next time I'll make them with parsley - I'm going to make them very often now! Thanks for posting this fantastic recipe!