1 hr 30 mins
My grandma used to make this recipe into egg rolls for large family gatherings. I just recent made this recipe but accidentally purchased springroll wrappers instead of eggroll wrappers, so which ever you prefer. I love these tasty rolls, and they're great for reheating from frozen in oven or toaster. Keep in mind that while the recipe is easy, it is time consuming.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey (I use turkey or chicken, but ground pork is great too)
- 1 (100 g) can shrimp, cocktail type, drained of liquid
- 2 -3 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 (130 g) can water chestnuts, sliced thin and chopped into small pieces
- 2 -3 celery ribs, sliced thin and chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts or 1 1/2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 -4 teaspoons soya sauce, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 packages spring rolls, wrappers (or egg roll wrappers)
- egg white
- 1Combine all ingredients except egg whites and wrappers. This is the filling for the rolls.
- 2Follow directions for wrappers (this may take a few tries to get it right). The eggs whites will seal the edges of the wrapper.
- 3Once the rolls have been prepared, deep fry in medium heat until they are a nice golden brown. If preparing to be heated in oven for a later date, fry until light golden. Once cooled, these can be frozen or place in the fridge.
- 4Serve with plum sauce or sweet & sour sauce.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey & Shrimp Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.1
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 191.2 mg
- Sodium 380.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: