Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Absolutely divine, irresistible delicate thin rolls of phyllo pastry, crispy on the outside and oozing with melting cheese. Incredibly "more-ish" finger food.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the feta cheese and mix in the chopped parsley.
- Divide the cheese mixture into 24 equal portions.
- Lay out the phyllo sheets and cut them into a total of 24 triangles (the easiest way to lay them on top of other, cut from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock, then from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock, then divide up each quarter into 4 triangles- but I'm sure experienced pizza makers have a much more scientific method!).
- To roll your "cigarettes", put a portion of cheese at the wide end of a triangle, then fold in the edges to seal the cheese in before rolling it all up; you can seal the very tip of your roll with a little water.
- When all the rolls have been assembled, deep fry them until they are golden and crispy.
- Serve freshly fried.
very good, I made to go with our salad for dinner. Next time I will make them to include on the brunch menu.
I tried this with 3 different feta cheeses to get it right. What I found to be the best tasting cheese (and the one that was easiest to roll without breaking the pastry) was a soft smooth danish that could be mashed into a smooth texture. Also don't overfry the pastries. Fry them so they are just crispy and slightly brown/pale. This lets the cheese stand out a bit more.