These are famous sweet Filipino snacks sold in sidewalks. Very simple to make and a traditional comfort food for many households. Basics would just be the bananas, sugar and wrapper but adding the jack fruit makes all the difference and is preferred by most. Note: There are different types of spring roll wrappers. Get the non-translucent ones, if ever.
- place a sliced banana 1 1/2 inch from the bottom edge of a spring roll wrapper, sprinkle it with some sugar and cinnamon, and top it with a sliced jack fruit.
- seal the sides and roll the wrapper, sealing the top as well with water/starch mixture.
- In the meantime, heat oil in non-stick wok(so sugar doesn't stick) until it's sizzling hot with the leftover sugar and fry the wrapped bananas until it's golden brown, spooning (or use spatula) the sugar from the pan on the wrapper to give it a bit of caramelized coating.
- Drain on paper towels or sieve.
- Serve while still warm and the wrapper's crunchy.