1/1 Photo of Turon (Sweet Fried Banana Spring Rolls)
These are famous sweet Filipino snacks sold in sidewalks. Very simple to make and a traditional comfort food for many households. Basics would just be the bananas, sugar and wrapper but adding the jack fruit makes all the difference and is preferred by most. Note: There are different types of spring roll wrappers. Get the non-translucent ones, if ever.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1place a sliced banana 1 1/2 inch from the bottom edge of a spring roll wrapper, sprinkle it with some sugar and cinnamon, and top it with a sliced jack fruit.
- 2seal the sides and roll the wrapper, sealing the top as well with water/starch mixture.
- 3In the meantime, heat oil in non-stick wok(so sugar doesn't stick) until it's sizzling hot with the leftover sugar and fry the wrapped bananas until it's golden brown, spooning (or use spatula) the sugar from the pan on the wrapper to give it a bit of caramelized coating.
- 4Drain on paper towels or sieve.
- 5Serve while still warm and the wrapper's crunchy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turon (Sweet Fried Banana Spring Rolls)
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.8
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 109.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 53.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: