Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was featured with Tyler's Ultimate Spaghetti and Meatballs as an appetizer! Uses Panko Breadcrumbs. Use whatever olives you wish, Tyler used pitted green olives and fresh mozzarella. He uses a whole mozzarella, in the show a bit for the meatballs and the rest he fries in this.
- Place 2-3 inches of vegetable oil in pan with whole garlic cloves (in cold oil) heat to frying temperature (this is about 180°C).
- In 3 separate bowls place flour in one, eggs and milk whisked, and panko breadcrumbs. Salt and pepper each.
- Slice zucchini and cut mozzarella in nice bite sized chunks.
- Bread zucchini, mozzarella and olives by coating in flour, then egg wash then breadcrumbs. (My tip is to use a dry hand and a wet hand, this will keep you from getting big blobs of flour and breadcrumbs on your fingers! I will put more detailed instructions on how I do this below).
- Fry breaded items until lightly golden.
- Serve with a nice sprinkling of sea salt, fresh basil and a squeeze of lemon juice!