This was featured with Tyler's Ultimate Spaghetti and Meatballs as an appetizer! Uses Panko Breadcrumbs. Use whatever olives you wish, Tyler used pitted green olives and fresh mozzarella. He uses a whole mozzarella, in the show a bit for the meatballs and the rest he fries in this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 2-3 inches of vegetable oil in pan with whole garlic cloves (in cold oil) heat to frying temperature (this is about 180°C).
- 2In 3 separate bowls place flour in one, eggs and milk whisked, and panko breadcrumbs. Salt and pepper each.
- 3Slice zucchini and cut mozzarella in nice bite sized chunks.
- 4Bread zucchini, mozzarella and olives by coating in flour, then egg wash then breadcrumbs. (My tip is to use a dry hand and a wet hand, this will keep you from getting big blobs of flour and breadcrumbs on your fingers! I will put more detailed instructions on how I do this below).
- 5Fry breaded items until lightly golden.
- 6Serve with a nice sprinkling of sea salt, fresh basil and a squeeze of lemon juice!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tyler Florence's Fried Zucchini, Mozzarella and Green Olives
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.6
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 154.4 mg
- Sodium 877.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 28.6 g