This is from today's Thursday magazine. What a wonderful recipe and I'm so happy to have found it! My mom loves this stuff:)
- In a large bowl, mix together the first six ingredients.
- Add ghee.
- Apply a little ghee on your palms and mix the mixture well so that it spreads evenly.
- Add the required amount of water (about 1/2 cup) to this mixture so that it is thick and lumpy.
- Take a squeezing mould and fix the plate for sev or omapodi on it (The plate has a number of tiny holes).
- Heat oil in a wok till smoking point.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add a handful of the mixture into the mould.
- Hold the mould over the hot oil.
- Start squeezing in a circular mode till the mixture gets over.
- Set aside the mould.
- Turn the omapodi to the other side with a ladle.
- When the omapodi turns golden in colour, remove from oil and allow it to drain on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- Store in an airtight container for upto 2 weeks.