1/1 Photo of Unbelievably Good Homemade Omapodi Or Sev
This is from today's Thursday magazine. What a wonderful recipe and I'm so happy to have found it! My mom loves this stuff:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the first six ingredients.
- 2Add ghee.
- 3Apply a little ghee on your palms and mix the mixture well so that it spreads evenly.
- 4Add the required amount of water (about 1/2 cup) to this mixture so that it is thick and lumpy.
- 5Take a squeezing mould and fix the plate for sev or omapodi on it (The plate has a number of tiny holes).
- 6Heat oil in a wok till smoking point.
- 7Reduce heat to medium.
- 8Add a handful of the mixture into the mould.
- 9Hold the mould over the hot oil.
- 10Start squeezing in a circular mode till the mixture gets over.
- 11Set aside the mould.
- 12Turn the omapodi to the other side with a ladle.
- 13When the omapodi turns golden in colour, remove from oil and allow it to drain on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- 14Store in an airtight container for upto 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unbelievably Good Homemade Omapodi Or Sev
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.7
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 39.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: