1/4 Photos of Uncle Bill's Deep Fried Zucchini Strips
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
An excellent snack or appetizer at any time or at a party. I have been making this recipe for over 30 years. Enjoyed by all that love zucchini.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium zucchini, - 8 inches long
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk, homogenized
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3/4 cup cracker crumb (saltines)
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil (for deep frying) or 2 cups vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1 (2 ounce) package bearnaise sauce mix
- 1Wash and trim zucchini, (DO NOT PEEL).
- 2Cut zucchini into about 2 1/2" long by 1/2" thick strips.
- 3In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat eggs and milk until fluffy.
- 4In a plastic bag, add flour, seasoning salt and shake well.
- 5In a separate plastic bag, add finely crushed saltine crackers.
- 6Dip zucchini strips in egg mixture.
- 7Drop into flour mixture and shake well to coat.
- 8Dip again into egg mixture.
- 9Drop into crushed crackers and shake well to coat.
- 10Heat olive oil to 325 F to 350 F in a medium-size frying pan or use a deep fryer.
- 11Drop coated zucchini (a few at a time) in the hot oil and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes, turning once, (DO NOT OVERCOOK).
- 12Zucchini should be crunchy.
- 13Serve immediately with Bearnaise Sauce as a dip.
- 14SAUCE FOR DIPPING: Prepare contents of Bearnaise sauce according to package directions or make your own.
- 15NOTE: Instead of using plastic bags, place the flour mixture in a mixing bowl, and the crumbs in a separate bowl. This will not be quite as messy.
- 16Also, Panko crumbs would be excellent or cornflake crumbs.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Deep Fried Zucchini Strips
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1171.2
- Calories from Fat 1002
- Total Fat 111.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 48.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bearnaise sauce mix