Another recipe from the 'thursday' magazine, I love appams, cant have just one:) Weight watchers, please ignore this:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Powder the jaggery to fine pieces.
- 2In a bowl, dissolve the jaggery in warm water and keep aside.
- 3In a bowl, put the wheat flour.
- 4Add the maida, mashed bananas, cardamom powder and coconut pieces.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Add these ingredients to the jaggery mix.
- 7If needed, little water can be added to make the consistency similar to that of the dosa batter.
- 8In a pan, heat the oil and using a round ladle, pour the appam batter one by one.
- 9Specifically, the paniyaram pan is used for this purpose.
- 10Fill the holes with oil, heat and pour the batter into the holes.
- 11Even shaped appams can be made with these moulds.
- 12Fry the appams till they are golden brown.
- 13Serve hot with ripe bananas.
Nutritional Facts for Unni Appam
Serving Size: 1 (1283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6554.1
- Calories from Fat 4452
- Total Fat 494.6 g
- Saturated Fat 85.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 539.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 42.9 g
- Sugars 332.7 g
- Protein 38.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: