Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe from the 'thursday' magazine, I love appams, cant have just one:) Weight watchers, please ignore this:)
- Powder the jaggery to fine pieces.
- In a bowl, dissolve the jaggery in warm water and keep aside.
- In a bowl, put the wheat flour.
- Add the maida, mashed bananas, cardamom powder and coconut pieces.
- Mix well.
- Add these ingredients to the jaggery mix.
- If needed, little water can be added to make the consistency similar to that of the dosa batter.
- In a pan, heat the oil and using a round ladle, pour the appam batter one by one.
- Specifically, the paniyaram pan is used for this purpose.
- Fill the holes with oil, heat and pour the batter into the holes.
- Even shaped appams can be made with these moulds.
- Fry the appams till they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with ripe bananas.