These are much better than the ones I remember from childhood. Break out the mustard!
Make and share this Vegan Corn Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, mustard, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the soymilk, egg replacer and shortening and mix until very smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a tall glass.
- Put the dogs on the sticks and dip them into the cornmeal batter to coat evenly.
- Deep fry in oil heated to 350°F until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
Good recipe! For the best results and a good old-fashoined "State Fair" taste, use very finely ground cornmeal, add just a tad more suger and use an electric mixer.
We loved it! my Fh's (future husbands) kids hated it bummed as I thought it'd be a treat for his sons birthday. They aren't vegan/vegetarian when they're with his ex so I'm sure if they were used to eating vegan sausages they'd love it too I'm sure. On the plus side the son said he liked the batter (that's the important part) :D