1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups granulated beet sugar (you can use unrefined brown, too)
- 3 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute, mixed with 4 tbsp water (equivalent of 2 eggs)
- 4 tablespoons non-hydrogenated vegan margarine or 4 tablespoons light vegetable oil
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup soymilk, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Beat the egg replacer and sugar together until creamy in consistency.
- 2Melt the margarine and chocolate together in a small saucepan over low heat.
- 3Beat into the sugar mixture until well combined.
- 4Combine the soy milk, vinegar and vanilla.
- 5Stir this into the sugar/chocolate mixture.
- 6In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 7Stir this into the liquid mixture until it forms a dough.
- 8Chill this for about 1/2 hour to make it easier to handle.
- 9Roll 1/2 the dough out onto a lightly floured board to a 1/2" thickness.
- 10Cut out the doughnuts with a 3" diameter doughnut cutter (or regular, round cookie cutter).
- 11Let them rest for about 10 minutes before frying.
- 12Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- 13Deep fry in hot oil for about 90 seconds each, turning every 15 seconds.
- 14Remove from the hot oil and allow them to drain on paper towels.
- 15Cool, and ice, glaze or sprinkle with powdered sugar as per your desires.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Heart Attack Chocolate Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 122.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ener-G Egg Substitute
non-hydrogenated vegan margarine