1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups granulated beet sugar (you can use unrefined brown, too)
- 3 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute, mixed with 4 tbsp water (equivalent of 2 eggs)
- 4 tablespoons non-hydrogenated vegan margarine or 4 tablespoons light vegetable oil
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup soymilk, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Beat the egg replacer and sugar together until creamy in consistency.
- 2Melt the margarine and chocolate together in a small saucepan over low heat.
- 3Beat into the sugar mixture until well combined.
- 4Combine the soy milk, vinegar and vanilla.
- 5Stir this into the sugar/chocolate mixture.
- 6In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 7Stir this into the liquid mixture until it forms a dough.
- 8Chill this for about 1/2 hour to make it easier to handle.
- 9Roll 1/2 the dough out onto a lightly floured board to a 1/2" thickness.
- 10Cut out the doughnuts with a 3" diameter doughnut cutter (or regular, round cookie cutter).
- 11Let them rest for about 10 minutes before frying.
- 12Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- 13Deep fry in hot oil for about 90 seconds each, turning every 15 seconds.
- 14Remove from the hot oil and allow them to drain on paper towels.
- 15Cool, and ice, glaze or sprinkle with powdered sugar as per your desires.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Heart Attack Chocolate Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 122.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ener-G Egg Substitute
non-hydrogenated vegan margarine