Recipe is by Giada De Laurentiis. I haven't seen the show it was on since we don't have cable tv anymore. Food TV is about the only thing I really miss. I did alter her recipe a bit to add an egg wash. I tried it without it and the flour just fell off in the oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 4 ounces green beans, halved
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1For the fritto misto: In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt and pepper. In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, pour enough oil to fill the pan about 1/3 of the way. Heat over medium heat until a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil reaches 375 degrees F. (If you don't have a thermometer a cube of bread will brown in about 1 minute.).
- 2Mix the egg and water together to make the egg wash. Dip the cauliflower, green beans, fennel, garbanzo beans, and lemon slices in the egg wash, then dredge in the flour to coat. Fry the dredged ingredients for 1 to 3 minutes until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- 3For the lemon mayonnaise: In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and lemon juice together until smooth. Pour into a small dipping or serving bowl.
- 4Arrange the fritto misto on a platter and serve with the lemon mayonnaise.
- 5If you don't want the lemon mayo, a good squeeze of fresh lemon does the trick too! Try this with other vegetables too. I'm going to do eggplant and zucchini next.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Fritto Misto With Lemon Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.5
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 1831.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 12.8 g