Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
kids will love these veggie shapes!And a bonus, their healthy too!
Make and share this Vegetable Shapes With Creme Fraiche and Fried Leek recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 5 beetroots
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- oil (for deep frying)
- 2 leeks, cut into very fine slices
- Bring two large saucepans of water to boil over high heat and place the sweet potatoes in one and the beetroots in the other.
- Boil covered 30-40 minutes , or until tender, adding more boiling water if it starts to evaporate.
- Drain seperatly and and set aside until cool enough to touch.
- Remove skins from beetroots and sweet potatoes and cut both inot 1/2 inch slices.
- Using a biscuit cutter ,cut the thin slices into shapes(i use stars or hearts.).
- Leave to drain on paper towels.
- Place the creme fraiche garlic and lime rind in a bowl and mix together well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fill a deep heavy based saucepan one third full with oil(i use vegetable oil) heat until a cube of bread dropped into the oil browns in ten seconds.
- cook the leek in four batches for 30 seconds or until golden brown and crisp.
- drain on crumpled paper towels and season with salt.
- To assemble, place a teaspoon on the cremem fraiche mixture on top of each vegetable on top with some fried leek.