1 hr 10 mins
kids will love these veggie shapes!And a bonus, their healthy too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring two large saucepans of water to boil over high heat and place the sweet potatoes in one and the beetroots in the other.
- 2Boil covered 30-40 minutes , or until tender, adding more boiling water if it starts to evaporate.
- 3Drain seperatly and and set aside until cool enough to touch.
- 4Remove skins from beetroots and sweet potatoes and cut both inot 1/2 inch slices.
- 5Using a biscuit cutter ,cut the thin slices into shapes(i use stars or hearts.).
- 6Leave to drain on paper towels.
- 7Place the creme fraiche garlic and lime rind in a bowl and mix together well.
- 8Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 9Fill a deep heavy based saucepan one third full with oil(i use vegetable oil) heat until a cube of bread dropped into the oil browns in ten seconds.
- 10cook the leek in four batches for 30 seconds or until golden brown and crisp.
- 11drain on crumpled paper towels and season with salt.
- 12To assemble, place a teaspoon on the cremem fraiche mixture on top of each vegetable on top with some fried leek.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Shapes With Creme Fraiche and Fried Leek
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.4
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 52.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g