Witch Doctor's Note:
I love tempura in any fashion! Not listed in the ingredients here but is one of my favorites is sweet potatoes (or yams). The tempura flour can be found in the Asian section of most big grocery chains. I have found that the ice cubes is absolutely necessary. If you don't use it, I guarantee that the results will not be as expected!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Tempura batter
For the vegetables
For the Tofu chili dipping sauce
- 1Cut vegetables into finger-size pieces, the carrot pieces need to be a little bit thinner (because carrots take longer to cook).
- 2Mix tempura flour, with egg and water, add a small amount of ice.
- 3Heat up the frying oil. To check temperature drip a little bit of batter into the oil, if the batter sinks and then slowly float up and gets a nice golden brown crispy texture, it's ready to go.
- 4Dip vegetable pieces in tempura mixture then place in oil. Vegetables are done when they are a golden brown color and have a crispy texture; will cook about 2 to 3 minutes, carrots may take a little longer than other vegetables.
- 5Remove vegetables from oil with slotted spoon and place on paper towels to cool.
- 6For the Tofu chili dipping sauce:.
- 7Put tofu, egg yolk and sambal oalek in a blender. Start blender and slowly add oil in a steady stream. If you find the sauce too thick, add some water. Salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Tempura With Tofu Chili Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2008.1
- Calories from Fat 2002
- Total Fat 222.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 100.0 mg
- Sodium 45.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: