1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Planet Asparagus Wasabi Tempura
This is from my favorite vegetarian cookbook, "Vegetarian Planet" by Didi Emmons. This tempura is light, flavorful, and I think, perfect. The original recipe is used with asparagus ... but this makes kickin' onion rings as well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, cornstarch, salt, sugar, baking powder, ginger and wasabi powder.
- 2Add water and beer to the flour mixture; whisk slowly until smooth.
- 3In a saucepan or skillet at least 8 inches in diameter, heat oil over medium high heat.
- 4Test oil by dropping in 1/2 teaspoon of batter.
- 5If it bubbles and fizzes right away, oil is hot enough.
- 6Dip an asparagus spear into the batter, then carefully into the hot oil.
- 7Add 7 more, and fry them all 2 to 3 minutes.
- 8Using a slotted spoon, remove them to a paper towel-lined plate.
- 9Repeat with remaining 8 asparagus spears.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Planet Asparagus Wasabi Tempura
Serving Size: 1 (981 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.0
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 170.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: