1/2 Photos of Very Simple Fried Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
This is a make-do what-do-we-have recipe and I am estimating the amounts. Adjust any spice to your taste but part of cooking is invention!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Begin to warm the cooking oil in a 10 inch frying skillet, add oil to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- 2Mix dry ingredients on a plate to roll the cut pieces of chicken into.
- 3Whisk the 2 eggs and milk, dip the chicken pieces into the egg/milk mixture, then dredge the pieces in dry mixture by roling them in the mix to thoroughly coat each piece.
- 4"Quick fry" the chicken on all sides to crisp the outside to a light to medium browness then lay on a large baking sheet at even spacing between pieces, mix the sizes evenly also.
- 5Bake uncovered in the oven at 375 degrees for about an hour (until juices run clear when you pierce a piece with a fork).
- 6When you take the sheet out, let the chicken cool for a few minutes before serving.
- 7Hint: You can also put the dry ingredients into a 1 gallon ziploc freezer bag to "shake" then fry.
- 8I list ingredients per chicken so you can adjust for your family needs.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Simple Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1080.9
- Calories from Fat 714
- Total Fat 79.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 269.7 mg
- Sodium 228.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 51.5 g