1/2 Photos of Vietnamese Spring Rolls
These spring rolls, served with dipping sauce are a favorite at our house. While they are a little tedious to make, the recipe makes about 20, so they can be frozen and then just thawed the next time. Cook time is approximate, it will depend on how many you make, and whether you need to do them in batches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (4 ounce) package rice vermicelli, soaked in cold water for 15 minutes,drained and chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/4 cup finely grated carrot
- 1/4 cup finely grated cabbage (optional)
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- white pepper
- 20 spring roll wrappers (I like the frozen ones, though the dry rice wraps are good too, just more difficult to work with)
- oil (for frying)
- 1Combine all ingredients except wraps and oil in a bowl.
- 2On a damp tea towel, place a wrap, and fill with a couple of tablespoons of the pork mixture in a sausage like shape at one end of the wrap.
- 3Fold sides in, then begin rolling spring roll at the mixture side.
- 4Seal roll by moistening edge with water.
- 5Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 6Fry rolls, turning frequently until cooked through and golden, about 5-7 minutes.
- 7Drain on paper towels, and serve with Spring Roll Sauce (Nuoc Mam).
- 8Keep warm in heated oven.
- 9Note: The spring rolls may be made ahead, and frozen, and then fried when thawed.
- 10Spring rolls may be kept in fridge until ready to fry too, up to a day or two in advance.
- 11Ground chicken may be substituted for the pork, and chopped shrimp may also be added for a special flavor combination.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1003 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.3 mg
- Sodium 64.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g