Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is food served at Fairs and Nordic gatherings.The meatballs can be made and mixed, then refrigerated, cooked partially, then dipped in a batter and deep fried to finish cooking. This is always served at the Montana State Fair. This is goooood eating!!!!! Excellent with wild game/venison/ buffalo, but make sure you add the ground pork!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 lb ground pork (no sausage)
- 1/4 lb ground veal
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup dry oatmeal
- 1 medium white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pam cooking spray
- cooking oil
- wooden popsicle sticks, soaked in water
- krusteaz pancake batter, thicker than usual
- 1In a large bowl, mix the three meats.
- 2Saute onion in butter until translucent, not brown.
- 3In a separate container, add eggs, oatmeal and milk. Beat.
- 4Add all of the spices to the egg mixture and mix well.
- 5Add the cooked minced onions and the liquid.
- 6Beat until fluffy.
- 7Form meatballs with 1/2 cup meat.
- 8Preheat oven 400*.
- 9Spray Pam on baking pans.
- 10Place meatballs on greased pans, bake 15 minutes.
- 12Insert a wooden stick in the middle of each meatball.
- 13Heat oil to 375*.
- 14Dip in the pancake batter. Batter should not be drippy.(A spoon can be used to cover the top of the meatball by the stick.).Cook until a golden brown. Roll to cook all sides.
- 15Serve with a napkin wrapped around the stick.
- 16Dip the "Viking" in any condiments. I quarantee that you can't eat just one!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Viking Meatball on a Stick - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.3
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 156.6 mg
- Sodium 705.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 26.0 g