Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This dish can be cooked two different ways. For a heart healthy roast, cook these fish in the oven. For an old fashion Friday night fish fry, try this for a great new taste.
- 1 -2 lb pollock or 1 -2 lb cod, filets
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄3 cup chopped shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped glazed walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt & pepper
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Combine the Marinade ingredients in a glass dish large enough so all the.
- fish can lie flat without stacking. Coat the FISH filets in the Marinade and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- In a dish suitable for dredging combine the FLOUR, SALT & PEPPER. Next beat the EGG and WATER together in a bowl. Then in another dish for dredging combine the CORN FLAKES, PARMESAN CHEESE, WALNUTS, RED PEPPER and PAPARIKA.
- Dredge the FISH in the FLOUR mix, then dip in the EGG mix and then coat in the final mix.
- For Baking place the FISH on a baking sheet coated with non stick spray. Bake in the oven at 375 for 8 to 12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- For Deep Frying heat the oil to 375 degrees, place the FISH in the oil careful not to crowd and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and flakey.