King Jay II's Note:
This dish can be cooked two different ways. For a heart healthy roast, cook these fish in the oven. For an old fashion Friday night fish fry, try this for a great new taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb pollock or 1 -2 lb cod, filets
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped glazed walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt & pepper
- 1Combine the Marinade ingredients in a glass dish large enough so all the.
- 2fish can lie flat without stacking. Coat the FISH filets in the Marinade and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- 3In a dish suitable for dredging combine the FLOUR, SALT & PEPPER. Next beat the EGG and WATER together in a bowl. Then in another dish for dredging combine the CORN FLAKES, PARMESAN CHEESE, WALNUTS, RED PEPPER and PAPARIKA.
- 4Dredge the FISH in the FLOUR mix, then dip in the EGG mix and then coat in the final mix.
- 5For Baking place the FISH on a baking sheet coated with non stick spray. Bake in the oven at 375 for 8 to 12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 6For Deep Frying heat the oil to 375 degrees, place the FISH in the oil careful not to crowd and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and flakey.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Fish-Two Ways
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.2
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 216.3 mg
- Sodium 327.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 39.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: