Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
recipe courtsey of Emeril, these are like the best doughtnuts...way better than those of the chain donuts places
- Preheat the fryer.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Slowly add the sifted flour into the egg mixture, incorporate into a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and chill for 2 hours.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface.
- Roll the dough out to 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut the doughnuts out, using a 2 1/2-inch doughnut cutter.
- Fry a couple of doughnuts at a time for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove the doughnuts from the fryer and drain on a paper-lined plate.
- Place the doughnuts on a wire rack.
- Drizzle the warm doughnuts with the chocolate glaze and sprinkle with the macadamia nuts.
- Place the doughnuts on a platter.
Fantastic doughnuts with white chocolate and macadamia glaze! Easy dough to work with, too.