Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
- 36 chicken wings, tips removed
- peanut oil (for frying)
- 6 ounces chili sauce (Bennett's or other brand)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ounces onions, finely chopped
- 6 ounces green peppers, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- flour, seasoned to taste (for coating)
- Make sauce by combining all ingredients except the wings, peanut oil, and flour.
- Marinate the wings in the sauce for an hour or more in the fridge.
- Split the chicken wings into sections, and coat in seasoned flour.
- Fry or deep-fry in peanut oil until done.
- Serve with the sauce on the side.