Got this recipe from Bobby Flay's Food Nation. It is so good and great for a party.
Make and share this Yogi Wings recipe from Food.com.
Buffalo chicken wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 pints crystal louisiana hot sauce
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons peeled garlic
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons cayenne
- 5 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons Chinese five spice powder
- 50 chicken wings, with the tips removed and split at the center joint
- Sauce: Melt the butter and sauté garlic for 3 minutes. Add the flour and stir, making a roux; cook for 5 minutes stirring slowly. Add the hot sauce, and whisk constantly to avoid lumps; add vinegar. Put on low flame and cook until thickened and roux has cooked out (makes 11/2 pints).
- For Chicken: Combine all the dry ingredients into a medium bowl. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place 1/3 of the chicken in large bowl and spread some of the dry mixture liberally over the chicken mix with your hands until coated well. Repeat the process with the other 2/3 of the chicken, but make sure you only do 1/3 at a time refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place chicken on middle rack of grill on low heat and cook until crispy, turning as needed. Dip wings in sauce and place in container to keep warm until needed.
- You can also fry these in oil until done and crispy then dip in the sauce.