Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Meaty chunks of flaky halibut covered in a crispy coating, fried golden brown. These little nuggets are juicy and crispy. They have an amazing zing and freshness to them you won't find in other recipes. Give it a shot.. its sooo easy.
- 2 lbs halibut, and cut in to 1x1 inch chunks, no need to make perfect squares but keep relatively the same size (skin removed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill weed (dried preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup of hot and spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 -3 cups vegetable oil
- Cut Halibut in to 1x1 inch chunks. Removed skin before if still on fish. It sometimes is easier to freeze the fish until solid then place in refrigerator for 24 hours and cutting while still mostly frozen.
- Mix Miracle Whip and mustard together, along with the tbsp of dill, the tsp of paprika and the 1/2 tsp of cayenne.
- Mix the flour, breadcrumbs, dill, paprika, cayenne, onion powder and pepper together.
- Coat chunks of fish in miracle whip sauce liberally then throw in to the flour mixture and toss til well coated. Lay on sheet pan until ready to fry.
- Heat oil until there are ripples but not so hot that its smoking.
- Gently set each individual chunk of fish in to hot oil. Once the side is medium brown, flip and fry the other side til evenly colored.
- Remove from oit and set on plate covered in paper napkins.
- Immediately salt lightly and serve. BBQ sauce tastes awesome with it! Or orange marmalade cooked in a saucepan with chili flakes and ginger then cooled.