Meaty chunks of flaky halibut covered in a crispy coating, fried golden brown. These little nuggets are juicy and crispy. They have an amazing zing and freshness to them you won't find in other recipes. Give it a shot.. its sooo easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs halibut, and cut in to 1x1 inch chunks, no need to make perfect squares but keep relatively the same size (skin removed)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill weed (dried preferred)
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 1/2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup of hot and spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 -3 cups vegetable oil
- 1Cut Halibut in to 1x1 inch chunks. Removed skin before if still on fish. It sometimes is easier to freeze the fish until solid then place in refrigerator for 24 hours and cutting while still mostly frozen.
- 2Mix Miracle Whip and mustard together, along with the tbsp of dill, the tsp of paprika and the 1/2 tsp of cayenne.
- 3Mix the flour, breadcrumbs, dill, paprika, cayenne, onion powder and pepper together.
- 4Coat chunks of fish in miracle whip sauce liberally then throw in to the flour mixture and toss til well coated. Lay on sheet pan until ready to fry.
- 5Heat oil until there are ripples but not so hot that its smoking.
- 6Gently set each individual chunk of fish in to hot oil. Once the side is medium brown, flip and fry the other side til evenly colored.
- 7Remove from oit and set on plate covered in paper napkins.
- 8Immediately salt lightly and serve. BBQ sauce tastes awesome with it! Or orange marmalade cooked in a saucepan with chili flakes and ginger then cooled.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Fried Halibut
Serving Size: 1 (526 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1464.9
- Calories from Fat 1049
- Total Fat 116.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 573.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 55.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: