1/10 Photos of Zagreb Veal Steak
This is popular meal from Zagreb. There are some disputes about weather egg should be in it or not, but going through literature I have found that it is 50-50% chance to find egg. So, it is going to be an egg in it. I think positive. Of course you can do it without egg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat veal steaks to make them thin.
- 2Cut cooked eggs into halves. Slice ham and cheese.
- 3Salt steaks from inside and put slice of ham, slice of cheese and ½ egg on one side of steak. Cover with other side to make it look like a pocket. Beat the ends of the steak to close them.
- 4Whisk 3 eggs like you are making omelet. Put them into flour, than eggs, than breadcrumbs.
- 5Heat oil in a frying pan and fry steaks until golden on both sides (you may use half lard half oil mixture, it is much better).
- 6Cut lemon into slices and serve with steaks. We usually eat the steaks with French fry potato.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zagreb Veal Steak
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.4
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 420.4 mg
- Sodium 5814.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 64.1 g