Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in a saucepan to 375°F (119°C).
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water; set aside for 10 minutes.
- Stir the remaining 1/2 cup water into the bowl.
- Add flour, beating vigorously until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a smooth surface, and knead with greased hands until smooth.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, and turn to coat the surface.
- Cover with a damp cloth.
- Let rise in a warm place until double in bulk, about 1 to 1/1/2 hours.
- Fry golf ball sizes of dough in batches until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and eat while still hot.