My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat about 3 inches of oil in a saucepan to 375°F (119°C).
- 2In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water; set aside for 10 minutes.
- 3Stir the remaining 1/2 cup water into the bowl.
- 4Add flour, beating vigorously until a soft dough forms.
- 5Turn the dough out onto a smooth surface, and knead with greased hands until smooth.
- 6Place dough in a greased bowl, and turn to coat the surface.
- 7Cover with a damp cloth.
- 8Let rise in a warm place until double in bulk, about 1 to 1/1/2 hours.
- 9Fry golf ball sizes of dough in batches until golden brown.
- 10Drain on paper towels.
- 11Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and eat while still hot.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zeppoli (Italian Fried Bread Dough )
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.1
- Calories from Fat 655
- Total Fat 72.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g