From Africa....posted for the Zaar World Tour.
Make and share this Zitumbuwa (Banana Fritters) recipe from Food.com.
- Mash the bananas and mix well with the salt, sugar, and ufa.
- Heat oil in deep pan until it spatters when a drop of water is dropped it.
- Fry spoonfuls of this mixture in the very hot oil.
- Turn to cook on all sides until light golden colored.
- Remove with slotted spoon to paper towels to absorb oil.
- Serve warm with butter and or roll in sugar.
Great way to use those brown bananas. DDs liked it too. Just didn't have the feel of Africa as here was almost -30C. Thanks for posting.
What a wonderful recipe for bananas. Easy, tasty, or all just great
HUGE hit with the kids [and me] and an excellent way of getting rid of black bananas. Very quick to make as well.